Preparing for SSC CGL is quite challenging if not used the right resources. With the help of right study material, your preparation for SSC CGL will surely inclined towards success. A lot of practice and well-planned structure can really help in saving your time and to get a good score.
Apart from solving previous year question paper and mock test, quizzes, selection of the right books for SSC CGL 2018 which are exam oriented is very important. In order to crack SSC CGL 2018, you need to devote proper attention, equal time to each section and must select the best books to prepare for this examination.
To begin with, for your preparation, keep in mind the exam pattern and syllabus of SSC CGL:
SSC CGL Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- In Tier 1 and Tier 2, four sections are asked- English, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and Reasoning.
- Syllabus for English section is different in Tier 1 and tier 2 and remaining sections have the same syllabus for both the Tier 1 and Tier 2.
- For Tier 1 exam, there will be 100 questions all, containing 25 questions from each section. The time duration is 60 minutes.
- For every right answer you will get 2 marks, but 0.5 marks will be deducted for attempting a wrong answer.
- There are 4 papers in SSC CGL Tier 2, out of which Paper 1 and Paper 2 are compulsory for all who clear Tier 1. But for some specific posts, you need to clear Paper 3 and Paper 4 as well.
SSC CGL 2018 Study Material
We have compiled some of the best books for your preparation of SSC CGL 2018 Examination. These are as follows:
SSC CGL 2018 Important Books – English Section
|Objective General English||S.P Bakshi|
|From Plinth to Paramount||Neetu Singh|
|A Mirror of Common Errors||A.K Singh|
|Collective English||A.K Singh|
|Word Power Made Easy||Normen Lewis|
These books will improve your basics and vocabulary. You can solve practice test on various topics and can boost your score.
SSC CGL 2018 Important Books- Quantitative Aptitude Section
|Magical Books on Quicker Maths||M-Tyra (BSC Publication)|
|SSC Mathematics 5800+||Kiran Publication|
|Play with Advanced Maths||Abhinay Sharma|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Arihant Publication|
From these books, learn the basic approach to solve the numerical questions and try to grasp the short tricks from the previous year question papers. Enhance your speed by attempting countless questions.
SSC CGL 2018 Important Books- Reasoning Section
|Lucent Reasoning||Arihant Publication|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||R. S Aggarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K Pandey|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning (Hindi)||Kiran Publications|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||A.K Gupta|
The Reasoning Section is the easiest and scoring section. Practising numerous questions can only help you in preparing this section correctly. Note down the important concepts and attempt question on regular basis.
SSC CGL 2018 Important Books-General Awareness
|Lucent GK||Dr Binay Karna and Manwendra Mukul|
|Lucent G.K (Objective questions)||Dr Binay Karna and Manwendra Mukul|
|General Knowledge||Manohar Pandey|
Merge regular notes that are available online with this book. Read newspapers every day to enhance your general knowledge skills.
Important Topics for SSC CGL 2018 Examination
Important Topics to Prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1
- English Language
- Error Spotting
- Phrase replacement
- One-word Substitution
- Reading Comprehension
- Idioms and Phrases
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Profit and Loss
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Problems on ages, percentages.
- Speed, Distance and time
- General Reasoning
- World Geography
- Honours and Awards
- Blood Relations
- Series and Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Venn Diagram and Classification
SSC CGL 2018 Preparation Tips
Due to huge competition for the exam, you need to be selective and should properly plan your studies.
- Do not waste your time in just following all the study material you have, rather choose only the best and comprehensive resources.
- Before selecting the books, check the language and pattern of the content roughly and should contain detailed solutions.
- In order to save your time and make your learning power strong, create your own SSC CGL 2018 handwritten notes.
- You can also refer NCERT books from class 10th for subjects like English and Maths, And for General Knowledge subject, you can subscribe to GK Books on monthly, daily and yearly basis.
- The regular practice is the one which forms your strong base. Know your strengths and weakness. Collect the best resources to put your efforts in your weaker portions and rectify them as soon as possible.
With the best preparation tips and study material, you can succeed in SSC CGL Examination 2018. Drop your query or comment!
Don’t forget to download SSC CGL app from Google Play Store. It provides free study material, quizzes, mock test, online practice set, previous year question papers, and all the notifications related SSC exams.